Solar PV Module Auto /Semi Auto Cleaning System:
A solar panel typically consists of solar cells covered by a protective glass coating, and just like your car windshield – the longer it’s outside – the more likely it will get dirty and need to be cleaned.
Besides the aesthetic point of view, solar panels have to be cleaned regularly in order to keep them functioning at optimum level and to ensure their longevity. Over time dust, dirt, pollen, mold, bird droppings, leaves or all kind of debris can accumulate on the glassy surface of your solar panels. Anything that blocks the light transmission to your PV (photovoltaic) or thermal panels has the potential to lower the performance.
The more dirt – the lower amount of electricity they will produce. While many factors affect how much electricity your solar panels will produce – dirty solar panels can be one of the biggest, and easiest to fix.
Experts agree that dirty solar panels don’t produce as much power as clean panels. That loss may range as high as 25% in some areas according to the National Renewable Energy laboratory. Individual dealers have reported losses as high as 30% for some customers who failed to ever clean their panels.
Cleaning Guidelines from Solar PV Industry:
A few things to keep in mind when you get the panels cleaned [Scopes and Limitations]
- Cleaning Tools: Panels are self-cleaning in the rain due to the type of glass used on the solar panel and the rain should be sufficient to clear off any dust and dirt that has accumulated on panels.
- Effectiveness: Since most solar panels are mounted on a slope, rainwater will rinse dirt, debris and bird droppings off of them the same way it cleanses your windshield when you leave your car parked outdoors in the rain. The same thing can happen to your solar panels.
- Abrasive: The goal is to get the glass clean and clear as possible so you don’t want to scratch it with abrasive soap, powder or abrasive cleaning tools. If the panels get cleaned frequently then one might just get away with washing them straight with water.
- Temperature: Do not have solar panels washed on very hot days as cold water and hot panels do not mix. The glass on the panel, while toughened and strong could be damaged by sudden shock in temperatures.Clean on an overcast day, early in the morning or in the evening. If the sun is beating down on the panels, any water used can quickly evaporate and dirt will become smeared. Early morning can be a particularly good time for cleaning as dew that has settled on the panels overnight will likely have softened grime; meaning you’ll need to use less water and less energy to clean your solar panels.
- Pressure: Do not use high pressure washing equipment on solar panels. The high pressure could force water into junction boxes OR PLUGS which are not 100 sealed or via other areas. Hose is acceptable if pressure is not on full and if you avoid cable connections and junction boxes.
- Safety of personnel:Solar modules are connected in series and it generates upto 800V DC. Cracks in modules or damaged cable or joints in a string are extremely dangerous for cleaning person particularly when the modules are wet. Even during low level of sunlight the array will generate lethal voltage and current.
Automated Cleaning Technology:
This high efficiency automated module cleaning system is effective, safe, hazards free, easy and cost effective process.
This system ensure all the scopes and limitations as per industry guidelines-
- Cleaning Tools:
Here water is cleaning tools. As we know water is the best cleaning media for its effectiveness & minor abrasiveness. In this process water is used by form of artificial rain.
- Working Pressure:
Here water pressure is not danger or not cross the permissible pressure of the glass and electrical.
Cleaning can be done daily basis or as per any requirement and you can set auto timer or zone programmer for auto controlling.
This system can follow the recommended time like early morning or night time as per industry guideline.
This process ensures the safety of work personnel.
Bore well or de-ionized water is the best for panel cleaning and it is easy available and very cost effective. Others machinery and items are low maintenance, available and hazards free.